No Knead Bread
- 430 grams bread flour
- 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 390 ml water
- Mix flour, yeast and salt
- Add 390 milliliters water and stir until blended
- Rest at least 12 - 18 hours
- Lightly flour a work surface and place dough on it; sprinkle it with a little more flour and fold it over on itself once or twice. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest about 15 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball
- Generously coat a cotton towel (not terry cloth) with flour, wheat bran or cornmeal; put dough seam side down on towel and dust with more flour let rise for about 2 hours. When it is ready
- Pre-heat oven to 230C. Put a 6- to 8-quart heavy covered pot (cast iron, enamel, Pyrex or ceramic) in oven as it heats.
- Remove pot from oven put dough in seam side up
- Cover with lid and bake 30 minutes, then remove lid and bake another 15 to 30 minutes
- Cool on a rack.